Friday, May 31, 2019

Farmers Market and swapmeet a la Mojecice

What we thought was a craft sale was actually a weekly farmer's market with second hand items on the side.  I was so  happy that Les and Dzunia left me there shopping while they went and bought carrier pigeon food.


Carrier pigeons are Dzunia's husband's hobby. 


So, here are some photos of the market.
















These are curtains that are found in every window in Poland.  and of course, in Baja since I have one in my teaching material room at home!  Each one has a different print,  almost always white.  I think they are gorgeous.






The most fun I had was in the second hand stuff part of the market.  Here is my Prague vase on the table (front middle) and it is now in my suitcase, ready to head to Mexico when we go home.  Sunday we head to Prague and this will be my memento.












The blog isn't letting me load any more photos LOL  - I guess I have reached my limit for the day.  I also got a dark blue German vase that is incredibly pretty,  a straw decorative dish and 7 Polish table cloths/runners for my Baja amigas!   


Now it is almost time for lunch and Les's sis is busy making golomki -  ground meat with mushrooms wrapped in cabbage.  The aroma is making my stomach growl!


My gums are still bothering me - not letting me forget dentist Dr. Monster,  just in case someone was wondering.


Tomorrow, I will be making a lasagna for the family.  Italian food is not found anywhere here,  yet.  So they all remember my lasagna from last time...


Pa pa to all (bye bye in Polish)







No comments:

Post a Comment