Saturday, May 25, 2019

Saturday May 25th in Wegorzewo

So, we have been hanging out with family for the last couple days and pretty much taking it easy.

Well, Les climbs up and down the stairs at least 5 times a day, so he really is NOT taking it easy.  Just to get to our apartment there are 2 flights.  It is great exercise for sure.


I went for a walk today and the weather was just perfect.  Wegorzewo is the lake region in the far northeast of Poland.  Everywhere you look there is water!


I took a walk down to the port today to buy some books and postcards.  Check  out how pretty it is here.












The number of boats that went by was astounding.   Seems like everyone sails here.  Boats can be rented and lots of tourists do just that.




Then we went to the grocery store and look what I found:










We are in such a small village and so far from Mexico,  I am AMAZED.




Lunch and a nap and then we looked up my Polish teacher from 2009!  She is such a sweetheart and speaks not a word of English so she really got me started on my way.  I can understand 95% but am just starting to speak (this is probably our 4th trip here since Les and I met.  It is - trust me on this - a very hard language.










I thought I would mention some interesting tidbits from our traveling so far....


England has very small fridges.  Less than half the size of ours.  Not sure why?  Not sure if this is true all over including London, but all the refrigerators I have seen are very small.


Poland does not have sheets like we do.  They have cotton covers that envelope a blanket-like cloth.


Pillows here are square and big.


Polish families seem very kind to their kids.   They are ever so gentle with them when walking down the street, talking to them in stores.  I've never heard yelling.


Beer is really popular and there are so many varieties now:  beer with rum, beer with any fruit you can imagine, beer with tequila even.


I found out today that college here in Poland is FREE.   I may start exporting La Bocana and Abreojos kids LOL


Life is inexpensive here.  You can live well with American dollars.





No comments:

Post a Comment