Monday, June 3, 2019

Prague - we have had a blast

Hello all,

we have been here for 2 days and are exhausted, but that is what being a tourist is all about!  I wish I had the pedimeter to see how many steps I took today.  Guaranteed to be a thousand times more than a month in La Bocana.

What to say about Prague?

Public transportation is amazing.  Metros and busses and classy vintage rental cars (this is new) and trains and trams.  Easy to use.


Our vehicle acted up on our way from Poland to Czech Republic so we dropped it off at 7:30 am at a Ford dealership.   From there we went to old town by subway.  $1 each and clean and fast.

Once in  Old Town, we walked to Charles Bridge and I took some photos with my PLAYAS NEGRAS t-shirt for my sold student who opened up the shop in Santa Rosalia.





Crossed the oh so fantastic bridge  but saw these statues along the way.







We hunted and hunted for a place to have breakfast and finally found CAFE 22




Breakfast was excellent starting with my cappuccino



 all the way to Les's omelette which was more like a pizza




Fro m there we walked and walked and eventually I left Les drinking his juice (not a sip of beer allowed if you are going to drive)  and I ran around, shopped and took over 100 photos!










blog is not allowing more photos so I will do another entry tomorrow, if I can because this city is incredibly beautiful!


I have learned that public transporatation can take you everywhere.  One does not need a car at all.

I have learned that euros are not accepted here,  They use KRONA

I have eaten typical foods and it is really good.

Lemonade means juice, fruit juice.  Odd.

Goulash is eaten with potato and bread dumplings.

Many vendors are crabby and that really astounded us.

Most restaurants only open at 10 am and do not open earlier for breakfast.  weird.

Old Town does not have that many restaurants, the Prague Castle area has muchos muchos

This whole city looks  like one giant fairy tale.  It is beyond anything one can imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment