Saturday, May 18, 2019

Lyme Regis in southern England

Here we are at the Lyme Regis harbor!   Arthur's boat is somewhere back there.











Lyme Regis is so full of history, every building has tons of stories to tell.  Yesterday we went to a PUB, so I  will start there.











We arrived and the boys went to the bar to order pints of ale, which they said was really tasty.









They do look happy, if I say so myself!










Genesta and I ordered cappuccinos and we waited and waited....and of course I took more photos while we waited....


There is a job available, should anyone be interested.















After over 15 minutes  and jokes that they must have gone out to milk the cow,  I go up to the bar and say:


My husband says that he ordered 2 cappuccinos.


Oh, she answered,  Let me go ask him.


Ok, I said and then she started to laugh,  Let me go ask the other waitress! she said.




They had forgotten us and we all had a good laugh.  When the coffee drinks did come, they were really GOOD.










When we left the pub,  I took this shot through the window








Can I just say that our days have been perfect?   No rain, only sprinkles every so often.    Genesta make the most extraordinarily delicious meals.  Arthur is the perfect host.  Les is happy as a clam (I know they say happy wife, happy life, but this goes for husbands as well!)


Thanks for  coming along for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment