Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Oh my gosh.


I went to a dentist here today.

Mind you, I tried to take care of this tooth back in April when my sister told me I had bad breath due  to tooth decay.  I have very healthy teeth. well,  I did have very healthy teeth all my life.  This tooth hurt just a tad when I touched it but nothing serious.  She, who has suffered with really bad teeth all her life said:  get this tooth seen to right away.

So, I went to a dentist in Vizcaino who told me that particular tooth was fine and fixed another one she said was bad.

Tooth still bothered me, only when touched.  While in La Paz, I went to a dentist who told me the bothersome tooth really needed to come out, the crown then remade and that this would take 4 days.  We were about to leave for Europe so,  she said it would "probably" be OK and to see her in September when we got back.

Tooth was the same but seemingly getting just a tad worse, so we found me a dentist today.  I suppose none of you have had a tractor in your mouth before????  I do NOT recommend this woman. ever.  and her reviews online were 5 stars!!!  Bunch of liars!!!

I sat in the chair and this is what I looked like,  smiling,  happy.  I am not afraid of needles or anesthesia or dentists.  Take a quick pick, I  asked Les.  That is Dr. Monster behind me.



So, I take my glasses off.  Smile for hubby.




That, my amigos,  was the last smile for hours today!  Because then she stuck her fingers in my mouth and brutally moved her hand around to check my teeth.  I mean, she went up and down and around and around like a friggin tractor.  I went to mention to LesDr.  that she could be gentler and she SHUT ME UP.  I think I went catatonic right then.

I had to have the tooth removed she said,  My eyes got huge.  To be honest,  I later remembered that Dentist Dr. Sam had indeed removed a tooth I broke many moons ago.  He was so gentle that I did not remember it at all.

Dr. Elizabeth pulled my tooth.  It was barbaric and there are no more photos.  When we come back in 3 months, she will put a crown?  who the heck knows what she will do BUT it is already paid for or there in no way in this lifetime I would even consider her getting close to my teeth.  I speak very little Polish but she will get a talk from me.  Trust me,this woman will hear  if not heed, the be friggin gentler message.

On a lighter note,  I slept for hours afterwards.  Very nice siesta.  Then we ate out at a restaurant minutes away on foot.  Here is a paiting of the eatery - it has existed for 20 years.





Nice view of the outside from our table.





This is how the check comes to the table.



Dra. Monster never said anything about pain meds so Les just bought me some ibuprofen and it works well.

It is more discomfort than pain, at this point.

We leave for southern Poland on Thursday, we have timed it to be after the rain.  It poured this evening...I made a video but it doesnt want to download from the ipad so here goes a photo...you can imagine the sound of it!





No comments:

Post a Comment