Monday, May 27, 2019

No kitchen at ll today!

It was a lovely day here today and the first thing I suggested was that we take a walk to burn off all the calories we have been adding on.


The trees and flowers are beautiful!










At the end of the walkway, is the port with many boats






and it is incredible how Poland has taken up cycling!  There are paths everywhere and far from cars, which is great.   Les has to keep reminding me to stay out of their way!






From the walk, we decided to go out for breakfast, we both had Polish crepes called naishliki.  Ohhh so gooood.    I am actually a very lucky woman since Les makes these for me on special days when we are in Baja.










We came home and relaxed for a bit, then Les went to run some errands with his brother and then we all went out to lunch at the same restaurant we ate at yesterday and we all ordered the same dish!


Big difference, the restaurant was empty and quiet and the food as good we expected.






So, I had the pork breaded cutlet with plums and three salads and baked potatoes.






The menu is in Polish and German -  no English at all.  Jeez!  And the prices are so low, so so low.  It is 3 zloty to the dollar.






From the restaurant, we went home and took our naps (no such thing as a vacation without naps), chatted with Les's brother and wife.  They went home, Les and I went looking at houses for sale (curious as to what is out there) and met  a wonderful couple who showed us their home.  When we get back from our travels, we are going to look them up.


From there we went to dinner at our Slovakian friend Peter, his Polish wife Marzena (mah jena) and son Adrian's house!  I told you we didn't go near the kitchen today LOL


Their home is at the end of a longish road and in the countyside.  Not finished yet, it is going to be incredible when done.


I will make a separate entry with some photos since I guess I have reached my limit here.



No comments:

Post a Comment