Friday, June 7, 2019

Split, Croatia

Who knew that there are so many magical places in this world???!!!   If my fiends hadnt come here, I dont think we ever would have thought about it...they raved and I became curious.

Thanks Jill and thanks Claudinha!

This town was build around a huge archeological palace built in the year 200 as a summer home for the Roman emperor at the time.  It is huge and the town simply grew up in it, around it and even under the palace.





There are so many people but it is a fun feeling anyway.  Restaurants are packed.  Beautiful people eveywhere.  Souvenirs everywhere and I mean everywhere!If you like to travel, make this a destination!  there is something for the history buff,  diving and snorkeling and biking and spending  and trying new foods and fishing!!!!  Forgot to mention that there are fish everywhere!




Our hotel:  we are in a airbnb place that sold itself as deluxe with a balcony.

I have realized that I have to re-define deluxe.  This place - are you ready for this?  - is in an ugly building,  I can live with that.  It is on the 5th floor with NO ELEVATOR.  Their loss,we did it for tonight but we will not do it another night.

Balcony is about 2 inches of balcony off the window hahahaha

It is 20 minutes plus out of town and the neighborhood is working class (no sweat)   when the photo for the airbnb ad for this apartment showed the beautiful beach that we had lunch at today.  Like I said, 20 minutes away and that is speeding in a car.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhh  redefining deluxe,  right now.

We took a 40 minute tour with a pedicab.  The guide was really funny and of course knew everyone in town.  Both he and Les thought I was crazy but I asked to stop at the post office to mail a postcard to my Mom, to the manager at our hotel in La Bocana and I mailed one to us.




Tomorrow we move on....just 45 minutes south to a smaller beach that sounds great.






No comments:

Post a Comment